Content Management Systems
In reality – all content managment systems pretty much do the same job in allowing you to publish content on your website.
We currently support a number of open source CMS products – WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal.
The system we recommend depends on the understanding we get from our customers on their requirements, needs and expectations; Content authoring issues are normally uppermost :
- Will there be a number of people maintaining the site?
- Are they comfortable editing web pages?
- Do they think new content will be added on a regular basis?
- Is there an editorial policy for new content?
- Do they intend to blog?
Typical functionality which exists as plugin or extension for content managed systems include :
- Search Engine optimisation
- Search Engine friendly URL’s
- Multi-language support
- RSS Feeds and management
- Media Management (Audio, Video, Text documents, etc)
- Visitor traffic