We’re beginning to take a lot more overseas queries on our WordPress plugin development capability.
Perhaps not surprisingly, one of the first questions asked is whether we have provided any plugins back to the WordPress user community.
So while we have lots of examples of WordPress plugins developed for our customers that use WordPress – many prospective customers baulk because we don’t have plugins shared with the WordPress community.
That’s why we’re thinking of dedicating some time to the development of a WordPress plugin for for town and local community websites; we’re thinking :
- easy way for local businesses, clubs and groups to upload information about what they do.
- classify what they fall under (restaurants, b&bs, pubs, clubs, etc)
- allow their submission to be moderated by the site owner
- allow the site owner to easily configure the plugin for site look and feel, form to be filled by the service provider, service categories, etc.
- display the results on the community site via a nice SEF – e.g www.mycommunity.com/services/restaurants
- have widget on the site that visitors can easily select service categories.
This is just an early sketch of what might be useful – what do you think?